Aer Arann CEO Paul Schutz with Aer Lingus Regional cabin crew Nicola Rae who is pictured with the top ISPY 2011 Award for Customer Service
(Tuesday, 22nd November 2011) Two Aer Arann Regional cabin crew have been crowned winners of the Gold Customer Service Award beating off stiff competition from over 40 of the world’s leading airlines at this year’s ISPY (Inflight Sales Person of the Year) Awards, the world’s largest competition for airline cabin crew.
Aer Arann Regional’s Cork-based crew Nicola Rea and Dublin-based Kevin Carruthers who both operate Aer Lingus Regional services for Aer Arann competed against over 80 cabin crew from leading carriers across the globe in a 5-day event to scoop this prestigious ISPY award for excellence in Customer Service (see full list of winners below).
Aer Arann’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Andrew Kelly welcoming the news said, “This is a very proud day for Aer Arann Regional. The ISPY Awards is a renowned international event and to win out of almost 90 competing crew is an outstanding achievement by Nicola and Kevin who represented the Aer Arann Regional cabin crew team at this year’s event”.
“For Aer Arann Regional this Gold ISPY Award recognises the hard work invested by our Inflight Services team into the development of a customer service focused approach to onboard sales. This strategy has helped us to differentiate our product offering and has also contributed to our company’s bottom line.”
Commenting on why Aer Arann Regional was chosen as the overall winner in this category Christine Martin, ISPY Managing Director said, “The assessment reflected each team’s qualities of self management and relationship management, the key components of emotional intelligence, together with their natural flair for customer service.”
“Aer Arann Regional not only were the best at making a good and lasting impression, but were also the best at empathic listening and therefore were worthy winners of this award,” she continued.
The ISPY awards which were held in Brighton in the UK saw cabin crew from all over the world assessed on every aspect of in-flight retail. A full 5-day schedule of workshops and training culminated in a fabulous gala evening where the awards were presented in front of the world’s airline management.
Nicola and Kevin were chosen to represent Aer Arann Regional at the ISPY Awards 2011 following an internal competition run by the airline which was open to all cabin crew. They were mentored by Aer Arann Regional’s Inflight Services Co-ordinator Noel Houlihan who was instrumental in helping them to achieve this major accolade.
The ISPY Awards 2011 winners include:
EFFECTIVE USE OF PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Gold – Katie Windsor – Thomson Airways
- Silver - Helen Friberg – Gulf Air
- Bronze - Melissa Jansen Van Rensburg – South African Airways
SALES GENERATING PA
- Gold – Raynard Khor – Cathay Pacific
- Silver - Phil Towns - Easyjet
- Bronze – Wojciech Grudkowski – LOT Polish Airlines
- Gold - Runo Nganga – Kenya Airways
- Silver – Peggy Ho – Cathay Pacific
- Bronze – Kirsi Juutilainen – Finnair
SELLING WITH EI/MAXIMISING SALES TECHNIQUES
- Gold – Susanne Gier – Condor
- Silver - Oleg Homickis – Air Baltic
- Bronze - Haidy Kartoredjo – Surinanm Airways
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AWARD
- Gold – Nicola Rea and Kevin Carruthers – Aer Arann Regional
- Silver – Hayley Jones and Pam Oliver – Flybe
- Bronze – Dimitry Jean Baptiste and Daniel Nalbandian – Air Canada
ISPY DRAGONS’ DEN 2011
AIRLINE OF THE YEAR
- Winner – Thomas Cook Airlines
SUPPLIER & PRODUCT AWARD CAFÉ
SUPPLIER & PRODUCT AWARD BOUTIQUE
RAY MARTIN – ACT OF KINDNESS AWARD
- Winner – Steve Brennan – Thomson Airways
INFLIGHT SALES PERSON OF THE YEAR 2011
- Gold – Sakhile Ndaba – South African Airways
- Silver - Sandra Ellis – BMI Baby
- Bronze – Sarah Ward – Easyjet